Before Entering Johanis’ Karate School (JKS)
JKS Students age 12yrs and up must present proof of double vaccination, each week before entering the school.
Everyone will be required to complete the JKS COVID-19 screening/tracking form. The form can be accessed here.
We require that all students entering the building fill out this electronic form prior to being granted access to class. You will need to show an electronic or printed receipt of the completed form upon entering.
Face Mask Protocol
- Face masks MUST be worn in all common areas.
- Masks are not required while participating in class. However, we would like to encourage students to wear their face coverings if not comfortable.
- Sparring is permitted; partners will be assigned for safety reasons.
- Self Defense applications with a partner (the same partner for sparring) is permitted, however masks are required.
JKS COVID-19 Guideline
- Parents must complete JKS COVID-19 Screening/Tracking form each day their child comes into the school.
- If a child or ANYONE in the household is unwell, the child is not permitted to attend class.
- Please remove shoes, place them along the second window and line up in the hallway immediately across from our entrance (along Jada’s Art Studio).
- All students will come dressed, ready for class (unless we’ve discussed otherwise). Students will require a small bag for their socks, water bottle and to put their outdoor clothes in (unless parents hang onto coats). This bag will remain with the students.
- Everyone entering and exiting JKS will be required to use hand and feet sanitizer.
- We have created social/physical distancing measures while in class.
- Class sizes are limited.
- Parents are asked to please wait in the hallway (or go grab a coffee). Parent “watch/viewing” days will be implemented monthly.
- We will implement any other safety protocols required by the Government and/or the Public Health Unit.
We are all in this together! JKS has taken every measure possible to keep our students, coaches and staff safe and healthy. Thank you for doing your part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Spread butter, not COVID!